Nemaha County, through the spirit of cooperation and collaboration, inspires generations to grow and prosper. It fosters strong leadership promoting emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing.
Nemaha County Development Foundation Fund provides opportunities for people to give back, to build an endowment for the future with wise stewardship, and to make a positive impact through local grants.
Nemaha County Development Foundation Fund possesses values that mirror those upon which the county built its rural heritage:
- Integrity– demonstrate trust and confidentiality in our actions of the organization’s mission
- Leadership– transparent, effective and dynamic skills that make a difference
- Stewardship – worthwhile and confident in the future of our citizens and community
Grant application for fiscal year 2019-2020 now available (due July 31, 2019).
HTC Endowment Account
An endowment to support HomeTown Competitiveness activities related to leadership, youth and entrepreneurship.
Peru Cemetery Sidewalk Account
To support the maintenance of the public sidewalk leading to the entrance of the Mt. Vernon Cemetery in Peru, Nebraska. This sidewalk gives hikers a panoramic view of the Missouri River valley in this historic community.
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
- Opened: May 2003
- Related Towns: Auburn, Brock, Brownville, Johnson, Julian, Nemaha, Peru
- Related Counties: Nemaha
- Name: Sharon Hessler
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org