Nebraska Community Foundation uses the tools of philanthropy, leadership development and economic development to help communities help themselves.
NCF creates a path to greater prosperity for all by helping communities:
- Envision a better future
- Develop local leadership and talent
- Inspire charitable giving and grow endowments
- Fund community needs and opportunities
- Manage financial resources
- Build and leverage every local asset
Vision and Values
We envision a state where communities of engaged individuals create opportunities for all Nebraskans to reach their highest potential. Nebraska communities are prosperous places where people want to live, raise families, do business, work and enjoy the good life.
The following values guide the decisions, actions and attitudes of the NCF Board, staff and volunteer network:
- NCF’s relationships with donors and affiliated funds are reciprocal and mutually beneficial.
- NCF adds value to our relationships with others who are interested in, share or may contribute to NCF’s mission.
- NCF seeks local solutions for local challenges, conducting its activities with respect for local decision-makers.
- NCF approaches its work patiently and persistently with the goal of long-term positive outcomes.
- NCF holds itself to the highest ethical, legal and professional standards.
- NCF conducts all its business with the highest degree of professionalism and commitment to mission.
- NCF is entrepreneurial.
- NCF embraces change as essential to success.
NCF is a continuous learning and teaching organization.