Norfolk is a growing, thriving community where giving back is a priority and an ongoing process for all citizens.
To build a permanent endowment that creates and sustains innovative projects, services and opportunities that enhance the Norfolk area and make a positive impact on people’s lives.
We believe in creating partnership in our community that foster teamwork, maximize out ability to fulfill our vision and create a culture of giving.
We believe in maintaining credibility as an organization by being fair, reliable and trustworthy in our interactions with donors, recipients and the community.
We believe in operating with integrity in our commitments to donors, partners and those in whom we invest by maintaining confidentiality, compliance with the law, and honoring donor intent.
We believe in treating all donors, recipients and community members with respect by taking into consideration the thoughts, feelings and life experiences of others and understanding that all people have value and worth.
COVID-19 Response Account
The purpose of the Account is to raise funds to support the work of community-based organizations to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community/region and vulnerable community members. Activities of governmental entities and 501(c)(3) entities to be funded may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting schools with the technology needed for remote learning
- Providing food assistance for families whose children who may have relied on school programs for meals
- Addressing the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by lost work, closures, and cancellations related to COVID-19
- Addressing the immediate needs of vulnerable elderly populations who may be at high risk due to COVID-19
- Addressing increased demand for medical information and support, including mental health support
- Addressing fear and confusion about the pandemic among the community’s most vulnerable residents, including those with limited English language proficiency
- Community resilience as recovery from the pandemic proceeds
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
Liberty Centre Services Endowment
An endowment to support Liberty Centre Services, a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to help people recover from mental illness and become contributing members of society.
Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council Account
An account to support and promote philanthropy in Norfolk, Nebraska and its surrounding area through a collaboration of charitable organizations known as the “Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council”. Activities of the “Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council” include educating donors on local philanthropic opportunities, mutual support, training, collaboration and convening.
- Opened: February 2001
- Related Towns: Norfolk
- Related Counties: Madison
- Name: Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund | 609 W Norfolk Ave
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (402) 379-9516