Shaping the future by helping create and sustain innovative projects, services and opportunities that enhance the Norfolk area.
- Growing a permanent endowment to continue to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Inspiring a thriving community where giving back is a priority for all citizens.
- Partnering with others in our community to foster teamwork and create a culture of giving.
- We believe in being fair, reliable and trustworthy with donors, recipients and the community.
- We believe in operating with integrity by following through on commitments, maintaining confidentiality, complying with the law and honoring donor intent.
- We believe in showing respect to community members by considering their thoughts, feelings and life experiences.
COVID-19 Response Account
The purpose of the Account is to raise funds to support the work of community-based organizations to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community/region and vulnerable community members. Activities of governmental entities and 501(c)(3) entities to be funded may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting schools with the technology needed for remote learning
- Providing food assistance for families whose children who may have relied on school programs for meals
- Addressing the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by lost work, closures, and cancellations related to COVID-19
- Addressing the immediate needs of vulnerable elderly populations who may be at high risk due to COVID-19
- Addressing increased demand for medical information and support, including mental health support
- Addressing fear and confusion about the pandemic among the community’s most vulnerable residents, including those with limited English language proficiency
- Community resilience as recovery from the pandemic proceeds
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
Liberty Centre Services Endowment
An endowment to support Liberty Centre Services, a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to help people recover from mental illness and become contributing members of society.
Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council Account
An account to support and promote philanthropy in Norfolk, Nebraska and its surrounding area through a collaboration of charitable organizations known as the “Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council”. Activities of the “Northeast Nebraska Philanthropy Council” include educating donors on local philanthropic opportunities, mutual support, training, collaboration and convening.
- Opened: February 2001
- Related Towns: Norfolk
- Related Counties: Madison
- Name: Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund | P.O. Box 1187 | Norfolk, NE 68701
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (402) 379-9516