The Waco Community Scholarship Fund was established to provide funds to Centennial High School in Utica, Nebraska or its successor to be used to grant scholarships.
Scholarships shall be granted by the High School based on the following criteria:
- Recipients shall be graduates of Centennial High School or its successor who reside within the geographic area of the former Waco School District, as the district physical boundaries existed prior to Waco Public Schools being consolidated into the Centennial School District in 1967.
- Recipients may be either student going directly from high school to post-secondary education or “non-traditional students” who do not enroll in post-secondary education immediately after high school.
- Recipients shall be full-time students at an accredited degree-granting university, college community college or school of nursing.
- Scholarships shall not be utilized for graduate study or attendance at a for-profit institution or beauty school/barber college.
- Scholarships may be renewable, at the discretion of the High School. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 grade point average on a 4-point scale in order to be considered for renewal of their scholarship.
- Scholarship selection criteria may include financial need, academic achievements, grade point average, college admission examination (e.g., SAT) results and personal attributes, but no one of these criteria shall be the sole selection factor.
An endowment to provide funds to Centennial High School in Utica, Nebraska or its successor to be used to grant scholarships.
- Opened: January 2011
- Related Towns: Utica, Waco
- Related Counties: Seward, York