The Butler County Area Foundation Fund’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for all people in the Butler County Area through the use of contributed funds entrusted to its stewardship.
The Butler County Area Foundation Fund awards grants in support of public and private services. The purpose of these grants is to provide funding for community projects that will enhance the long-term success and quality of life of the community.
The Fund seeks applications that address strategic community development efforts which lead to population growth, job creation, wealth creation and retention, and increased leadership capacity. These efforts may include support for local entrepreneurs who are starting, growing or transitioning businesses; strategies to involve youth and attract young families; programs to develop and strengthen local leadership; building community capacity including workforce development, and educational efforts to create an awareness of the need for additional contributions to the Butler County Area Foundation Fund.
BCAFF has set aside funding to provide grants to organizations in Butler County up to $1,000 to support services for community members and organizations who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic consequences of this outbreak. BCAFF will review all applications and roll out on an as-needed basis.
Grants may be made for charitable purposes to: 501c3 nonprofit organizations; groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization; other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities.
All organizations MUST use the funding for needs within Butler County.
Unable to receive funding: Individuals; businesses; labor unions; 501c4, 501c5 or 501c6 organizations
If you have any questions regarding the application process, email email@example.com with “COVID-19 Questions” in the subject line.Click to Apply
The Butler County Area Foundation Fund awards grants in January of each year. For assistance with form completion, please email BCAFFgrants@gmail.com or call Carol Fuxa at (402) 367-7609. 2021 grant application deadline to be announced soon!
ScholarshipsClick to Apply
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Skilled Trade ScholarshipClick to Apply
Deadline: March 15, 2020
COVID-19 Response Account
The purpose of the Account is to raise funds to support the work of community-based organizations to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community/region and vulnerable community members. Activities of governmental entities and 501(c)(3) entities to be funded may include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting schools with the technology needed for remote learning
– Providing food assistance for families whose children who may have relied on school programs for meals
– Addressing the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by lost work, closures, and cancellations related to COVID-19
– Addressing the immediate needs of vulnerable elderly populations who may be at high risk due to COVID-19
– Addressing increased demand for medical information and support, including mental health support
– Addressing fear and confusion about the pandemic among the community’s most vulnerable residents, including those with limited English language proficiency
– Community resilience as recovery from the pandemic proceeds
“Looking Forward, Giving Back” Unrestricted Endowment
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
- Opened: June 1998
- Related Towns: Abie, Bellwood, Brainard, Bruno, David City, Dwight, Garrison, Linwood, Octavia, Rising City, Surprise, Ulysses
- Related Counties: Butler
- Name: Diane Duren
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (402) 367-2272