A united and prosperous Seward County with abundant resources for all people to live, work, learn and succeed.
The Legacy Fund of Seward County inspires a culture of giving and engages people to invest long-term to reach Seward County’s full potential together.
The ideals and practices define the work that guides the Legacy Fund for Seward County:
- Inclusivity – We seek to collaborate with all people, organizations and groups to encourage diversity and success for all.
- Stewardship – We commit to invest funds responsibly and preserve donor intent.
- Integrity – We endeavor to build relationships and partnerships built on trust, cooperation, and confidentiality.
- Visionary – We focus on future success for all of Seward County.
- Advocacy – We champion the success for all individuals and communities in Seward County.
COVID-19 Response Account
The purpose of the Account is to raise funds to support the work of community-based organizations to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community/region and vulnerable community members. Activities of governmental entities and 501(c)(3) entities to be funded may include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting schools with the technology needed for remote learning
– Providing food assistance for families whose children who may have relied on school programs for meals
– Addressing the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by lost work, closures, and cancellations related to COVID-19
– Addressing the immediate needs of vulnerable elderly populations who may be at high risk due to COVID-19
– Addressing increased demand for medical information and support, including mental health support
– Addressing fear and confusion about the pandemic among the community’s most vulnerable residents, including those with limited English language proficiency
– Community resilience as recovery from the pandemic proceeds
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
- Opened: August 2019
- Related Towns: Beaver Crossing, Bee, Cordova, Garland, Goehner, Milford, Pleasant Dale, Seward, Staplehurst, Utica
- Related Counties: Seward
- Name: John Owens
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 402.641.0477 | Address: P.O. Box 41, Seward, NE 68434