The ServeNebraska Fund was established to provide financial resources to support the mission and programs of ServeNebraska – the Nebraska Volunteer Service Commission and to advance volunteerism, community and national service among Nebraskans. The Foundation was created in 1996 as a separate 501(c)(3) organization and aligned with Nebraska Community Foundation as an affiliated fund in 2006.
Through its mission, ServeNebraska is committed to mobilizing Nebraskans to strengthen their communities through collaboration, volunteering, and national service programming.
Created in 1994, the ServeNebraska Commission recognizes the vital importance of community service in meeting the needs of Nebraska communities; the value of unite effort by a dedicated citizenry; and the strength of collective action by the diverse residents of Nebraska.
Programs of ServeNebraska supported by the ServeNebraska Fund include:
- AmeriCorps national service programs that place AmeriCorps members throughout Nebraska to meet local community needs.
- Training and Professional Development to increase the skills of national service members and staff, volunteer management professionals and nonprofit organizations.
- Disability Inclusion to maximize the community involvement of people with disabilities through service and promote inclusion at every level of service.
- Award Recognition to honor exemplary volunteer service throughout Nebraska with the Governor’s Points of Light and the First Lady’s Community Service Awards.
- Community Volunteerism networks and service projects to increase volunteer service in Nebraska communities.
- Online Resource Library to strengthen and build nonprofits across the state.
Community Service Conferences
To support a state Conference on Volunteerism or ServeNebraska partnerships with other agencies to provide conference training opportunities.
To provide support for the mission and programs of the ServeNebraska Commission, an agency of the State of Nebraska.
- Opened: April 2006
- Name: Cathleen Plager
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (402) 471-6227