The Thedford Area Community Foundation Fund is dedicated to progress and long-term prosperity. A volunteer Fund Advisory Committee works actively to increase charitable giving and award grants to local worthy causes and projects that are addressing emerging needs and future opportunities in our community.
An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
Thedford Area Scholarship Account
An account to provide scholarships for post-secondary education as determined by the Affiliated Fund Advisory Committee in accordance with Nebraska Community Foundation scholarship administration policy.
Applicants must meet the following criteria; other criteria may be established by the Fund Advisory Committee from time to time based on community needs and priorities:
• Must be a graduate of Thedford High School in Thedford, Nebraska or reside in the Thedford, Nebraska area.
• Be either a non-traditional student pursing post-secondary education following a break in his/her education or a traditional student continuing directly from high school to post-secondary education.
• Use the scholarship to attend a public accredited community college or an accredited degree-granting college or university to pursue a continuing education course, a degree, a certificate program or additional training to enhance their employment-related skills.
Scholarship recipients shall be selected by the Scholarship Selection Committee of the Thedford Community Foundation Fund in accordance with Nebraska Community Foundation scholarship administration policy.
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
- Opened: August 2003
- Related Towns: Halsey, Seneca, Thedford
- Related Counties: Thomas
- Name: Jamie Taylor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (308) 645-2547