If you are one of the persons responsible for producing communications materials for your affiliated fund, please make sure that all external communications (press releases, brochures, annual reports—and solicitation letters) acknowledge the relationship between your affiliated fund and Nebraska Community Foundation. There are several reasons why this is good practice:
- Acknowledgement builds a small organization’s credibility as being part of a statewide philanthropic network.
- It accurately identifies NCF as the legal 501(c)(3) charitable organization through which contributions are tax-deductible.
- It assures donors that NCF affiliated funds are confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. community foundations.
Levels of Acknowledgement: Depending on the space constraints, the following copy offers guidance. (Note: Please do not use the word “the” before Nebraska Community Foundation)
Must always include:
“The Hometown Community Foundation Fund is an affiliated fund of Nebraska Community Foundation.”
Should always include:
“For more information visit www.nebcommfound.org” and the affiliated fund’s URL address.
May also include:
“The Hometown Community Foundation Fund is an affiliated fund of Nebraska Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) corporation. This enables donors to make tax-deductible contributions to our Fund. NCF provides financial management, strategic development and education/training services to communities, organizations and donor-advised funds across the state. Nebraska Community Foundation is confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. community foundations.
May also include:
Working with Nebraska Community Foundation helps the Hometown Community Foundation Fund reduce administrative costs and provides access to financial and legal services, training and education, on-site technical support, marketing services and gift planning assistance. This means more of every dollar received in donations benefits the Hometown area.
- Download the NCF logo here: nebcommfound.org/about/download-ncf-logo/
- Do not resize the logo
- The two-color version of the logo should be used whenever possible or economically appropriate.
- An all-black logo is the second preferred use. If it is to appear on a dark background, it may be reversed to white.
- The NCF logo should never appear in a box or over an image. Contact Carrie Malek-Madani for assistance in obtaining the most appropriate NCF logo file for your specific needs: 402.323.7331, email@example.com.