Nebraska Community Foundation was established in 1993 by a group of visionaries determined to empower communities throughout the state to grow and prosper. They believed that with the right tools and resources, people could build the hometowns of their dreams. Hometowns that are poised to attract families, lay a progressive and sustainable foundation, create opportunities, emanate pride and welcome everyone.
Through philanthropy, our team helps communities develop strong local economies, high quality of life, and abundant leadership and volunteer opportunities. We empower local leaders to identify community assets, invest in their own resources, and bring about their own positive change. Our mission, vision and values guide our commitment to helping Greater Nebraska reach its full potential.
Our affiliated funds are led by those who best know the needs of the community — the people who call it home.
Nebraska Community Foundation uses the tools of philanthropy, leadership development and economic development to help communities help themselves.
NCF creates a path to greater prosperity for all by helping communities:
- Envision a better future
- Develop local leadership and talent
- Inspire charitable giving and grow endowments
- Fund community needs and opportunities
- Manage financial resources
- Build and leverage every local asset
Vision & Values
We envision a state where communities of engaged individuals create opportunities for all Nebraskans to reach their highest potential. Nebraska communities are prosperous places where people want to live, raise families, do business, work and enjoy the good life.
The following values guide the decisions, actions and attitudes of the NCF Board, staff and volunteer network:
- NCF’s relationships with donors and affiliated funds are reciprocal and mutually beneficial.
- NCF adds value to our relationships with others who are interested in, share or may contribute to NCF’s mission.
- NCF seeks local solutions for local challenges, conducting its activities with respect for local decision-makers.
- NCF approaches its work patiently and persistently with the goal of long-term positive outcomes.
- NCF holds itself to the highest ethical, legal and professional standards.
- NCF conducts all its business with the highest degree of professionalism and commitment to mission.
- NCF is entrepreneurial.
- NCF embraces change as essential to success.
- NCF is a continuous learning and teaching organization.
We are always on the lookout for those who share our values. If you’re interested in a career with us, please go to the Careers page.
We’re proud of the communities we assist, the leaders we work with, and the donors we celebrate. The National Standards Seal we display conveys our level of commitment to financial security, transparency and support to countless important causes throughout our great state. The seal is official confirmation from the Council on Foundations that we have met the most rigorous standards in philanthropy. The seal also confirms our history of honoring donors’ wishes to support countless important causes.
Nebraska Community Foundation (NCF) is a tax-exempt public charity in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. NCF is governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of a diverse group of community leaders from across the state. NCF board and staff are committed to good governance practices, transparency and accountability to the communities, organizations and donors we serve. If you would like to see our records, please visit the Financials page.