In 1999, citizens of Diller saw a need to organize the Diller Community Foundation Fund to promote community development. The purpose of the Fund is to encourage, solicit, receive and use charitable gifts to support the current and emerging needs in the community of Diller and its surrounding areas.Our Website
Vision: Diller is a strong and vibrant community that exhibits a collaborative and caring spirit. The village strives to provide superior economic, educational, and recreational opportunities for all residents to create an exceptional quality of life.
Mission: The Diller Community Foundation Fund connects caring people and a variety of resources with causes that support and maximize our community’s potential.
The Diller Community Foundation Fund Advisory Committee will conduct business and build relationships using the following core values:
- Trustworthy: The Fund Advisory Committee is a good steward of the time, talents, and treasures entrusted to us. We are honest, truthful, and fair with all donors, recipients, partners, and community members. We maintain absolute confidentiality and adhere to the guidelines and policies of the Nebraska Community Foundation.
- Collaborative: The Fund Advisory Committee is a willing partner in promoting programs and projects for the benefit of all residents of the community. We will reach out to other groups and organizations to leverage our efforts and investments in the community to achieve our vision.
- Progressive: The Fund Advisory Committee is proactive in recognizing the needs of the community and emphasizes how positive, long-term decisions will impact the Diller community. We will encourage ongoing community commitment to build and sustain a quality fund to serve future generations.
An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
Fed From The Farm Local Food and Nutrition Program Account
The purpose of this account is to raise funds to help support the Diller-Odell Public Schools’ Fed from the Farm Local Food and Nutrition Program, including but not limited to: processing costs related to locally donated meats, nutrition education, and costs to support other locally grown and produced food.
To provide funding for improvements along Diller’s Main Street including new sidewalks, streetlights, banners and other needs.
To support the local public museum to preserve historic items.
To preserve and restore the historic Opera House in downtown Diller.
Park Improvement Account
The purpose of this account is to help raise funds to improve the current city/village park with amenities that may include but are not limited to new playground equipment, a walking path, upgrades and redesign of existing amenities, and a splash pad.
A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
- Opened: June 1999
- Related Towns: Diller
- Related Counties: Jefferson
- Name: Micki Krieger
- Email: Straightline06@msn.com
- Phone: 303.827.4920